The Accounting Manager is responsible for accurate and timely accounting transactions and operations, account reconciliation and reporting. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will assist the Controller with the evaluation, development, training, and maintenance of all internal financial controls within the company. This position reports to the Controller and works in collaboration with all accounting personnel to provide accurate monthly financials, account reconciliations, detailed reporting, and analysis to support business needs for executive management of the company. The Accounting Manager will be a major contributor to a timely month-end close as well as all functional accounting transactional activities, such as sales orders processing, inventory and cost accounting functions and will be assisting the Controller with ad-hoc reporting. .
- Work cross functionally to ensure timely closing and accuracy of all general ledger accounts each month.
- Work closely with the Controller on monthly financial reporting and monthly closing process.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly account reconciliations for all general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for the assessment, documentation, improvement, training and maintenance of all internal financial controls/processes and procedures
- Works cross functionally with all accounting staff and departments to ensure compliance with all financial accounting controls
- Responsibilities include overseeing accurate and timely sales order processing, shipping cutoff, invoicing of accounts receivable, proper inventory and cost accounting functions
- Ensure accuracy in sales, revenue, and margin reporting
- Assist with GSA contract compliance and monthly reporting
- Assist with preparation of all required income tax compliance schedules and adjustments to submit to outside tax preparers, as needed
- Suggest improvements to processes and systems to improve effectiveness and efficiencies
- Oversee and manage accounting procedures and processes
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years of financial analysis, accounting or similar business experience
- Substantial experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Prior experience as an Accounting Manager
- Strong leadership and cross functional management skills
- Strong analytical skills: problem solving skills that respond quickly and effectively to operational issues
- Ability to analyze and extract data in order to set direction and make business recommendations and decisions
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively interact with cross functional departments and employees at all levels
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through prioritization of workload with strong attention to detail, accuracy and high efficiency
- Demonstrable ability to effectively envision, develop, and implement new processes and tools to solve complex financial reporting and operational business issues
- Experience in technology/manufacturing industry a strong plus
- Advanced excel skills (i.e. Pivot tables, v-look ups, sorting features etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of ERP platforms; experience with Sage and Crystal Reports a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
The job applicant will be required to sign Credit History Disclosure and Authorization forms to be considered for this position.