This person will be working 100% remote – must be available to participate in scrum meetings (PST).
What we are looking for:
A highly experienced Ansible Automation / Site Reliability Engineer with a proven track record of writing Ansible automation, maintaining internal, private, and public cloud infrastructures. Someone who is capable of defining processes and creating configurations that adhere to industry best practices.
This role works with the Site Reliability Systems Engineering team. The Site Reliability Engineering team is tasked with daily operations of the SaaS Platform. This role will specifically work with the SRE Team on strategic automation initiatives with Ansible.
You will review our existing infrastructure and migrate diverse processes to Ansible driven solutions. This will contribute to our strategic automation goals improving our predictability of outcome in our operations processes. You will deliver measurable improvements to the lifecycle of deliveries and operational practices of the team.
Ideal candidate will:
- Write Ansible automation, perform upgrades and patches
- Automate and administer data backup and recovery activities
- Establish processes to monitor the health of systems
- Ensure development teams are supported in their efforts to deploy software in a timely and high-quality fashion
- Optimize and maintain systems
- Document project architecture, policies, and procedures
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Cloud deployed systems knowledge of Security-related technologies and best practices
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions
- Effective time management required
- It’s mostly a Windows environments (.NET exp a plus)
- Ability to write Ansible automation
- Familiarity with Puppet
- Familiarity with Salt
- Familiarity with Python
- Familiarity with Powershell
- Familiarity with SaaS Platforms
- Knowledge of instrumentation methods using monitoring and observability tools, like New Relic/DataDog/Nagios/Splunk/ELK
- Migrate existing solutions to Ansible
- Create programmatic processes in Ansible
- Create system patching profiles
- Create state based Ansible executions