We are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer/Analyst.
This position will be located at the Corporate Office, ideal candidate will be able to come to the office when needed and be able to function successfully remotely.
Summary of position:
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for supporting data-driven decision culture through designing, developing, and deploying business intelligence solutions. This role is a mix of technical work and using strong consulting skills to connect with business units on what data to use and how. This person will translate business needs into technical specifications, maintain and support data analytics platforms, conduct A/B testing, collaborate with teams across many disciplines, monitor analytics and metrics results, create meaningful data visualizations, create automated BI dashboards, and be a champion for the power of data to serve our associates and members. This position has no direct reports and the environment is an office-setting with both remote from home and in-office as needed.
The successful candidate will need the following skills/qualifications:
4+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Data Science, or similar. Open to experience in other relevant fields.
- Advanced experience with SQL (SAS, and/or R (or Python) a plus)
- Advanced experience with Power BI, SSMS, (Crystal Reports, R Studio, MS Visual Studio a plus)
- Present data in a manner that is accurate and consumable for leadership
- Understand business requirements in BI context, able to design and convert data into meaningful insights.
- Understanding of the testing and validation process of Power BI reports
- 2 – 4 years of Power BI/Report Development preferred
- Experience with data analysis with large datasets/big data
- Experience in requirements gathering techniques
- Background in the financial industry a plus
- Background in data-based storytelling and visualization
- Proven abilities in taking initiative, solving problems independently, following through, verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn, interact effectively with customers, and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Agile/Scrum exposure (CSM a plus)
This role will interact with all levels of the organization. All interactions must support protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data and systems.