Hood River, Oregon
- Utilizes industry knowledge, engineering practices, mathematics, materials knowledge, etc. to complete product designs
- Communicate with engineering, quality assurance, and manufacturing regarding new and revised drawings
- Maintains notes, design calculations and other documentation (BOMs, list of design parameters, and requirements) for future reference
- Complete additional tasks related to product data management (PDM)
- Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from engineers
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project tasks such as contacting vendors, researching product specifications, or other support functions
- Adhere to practices, policies, and procedures for document revision control
- Stay up-to-date on industry and company standards
- Proficient in SolidWorks CAD software (modeling and drawings)
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledgeable of ASME drafting practices and procedures
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of ASME drawing standards.
- Working or expert knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
- Experience with ASME standards for Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Experience with CATIA Design software
- Experience with a Product Data Management (PDM) software
- Familiarity with CAM software and equipment.
Required Education and Experience
Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least 10 years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.