As the manager of the Data Science team, you will be responsible for leading and growing a team of data scientists. In addition to being passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions, you should have a desire to mentor and grow the data science team. You should have a strong background in statistics and probability, machine learning, and working with large data sets; and experience in Experimentation, Marketing Technology or Search is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Define creative solutions to business problems using advanced algorithms and models. Build and manage a high performing team.
- Use machine learning and predictive modeling to develop data driven solutions that drive substantial business value to the external consumers and internal stakeholders/partners.
- Work to instill data best practices around the organization.
- Help with process, methods, and education.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or equivalent). Doctorate/PhD preferred.
- 6+ years of experience developing statistical models and machine learning software in a language like Python, R or Java to drive significant business impact.
- 3+ years of experience building, mentoring and growing a team of Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Research Scientists, Applied Scientists.
- Experience communicating effectively with both technical and business people.
- Ability to transform customer requirements into concrete problem definitions.
- Proven achievements of developing and managing products that have been successfully integrated in production systems.
- Ability to manage and quantify improvement in customer experience or business value from ML efforts and initiatives.