Data Warehouse Architect -LEVELS (I, II, & III) Levels
MUST LIVE OR RELOCATE TO OREGON or WASHINGTON
This position performs Data Warehouse Architecture opportunity. Essential responsibilities are focused on design and development of data models and ETL specifications. Additional areas of work include data analysis, system design and architecture, standards and policy administration, and vendor coordination and relations.
Data Modeling and ETL Specifications
- Create data models for basic to moderate subjects.
- Create basic to moderate ETL specifications to meet business data needs.
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation, including current design and operation.
Analyze data sources; research and recommend solutions which include potential risks.
System Design and Architecture
- Participate in long-term data warehouse and dashboard architecture planning.
- Participate in creating and managing simple data warehouse and analytics architectures for use as reference and as input to solution development process.
Standards and Policy Administration
- Collaborate with others to identify requirements, standards and best practices for data modeling, ETL specifications, and data warehouse development.
- Participate in the ongoing review of existing systems to ensure they are designed to comply with established standards and to empower business operations.
Vendor Coordination and Relations
- Conduct product and vendor research, and present recommendations to more advanced database developers and/or management.
- Develop effective working relationships with vendors and related equipment suppliers, including installation and repair of services.
- Perform work in alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Support the organization’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by fostering a culture of open mindedness, cultural awareness, compassion, and respect for all individuals.
- Strive to meet annual business goals in support the organization’s strategic goals.
- Adhere to the organization’s policies, procedures, and other relevant compliance needs.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- General knowledge/skills of Microsoft SQL Server.
- General knowledge of cloud data warehousing tools such as Snowflake or Redshift.
- General knowledge/skills of ETL tools, such as SSIS or Azure Data Factory.
- General troubleshooting of system performance issues and root cause.
- General knowledge/skills of unit and integration testing.
- Proficient communication skills, including listening, verbal, written, and customer service.
- Ability to articulate policies and instructions.
- Learning to convey appropriate level of detail effectively to all levels of the organization including non-technical staff.
- Ability to assist in recommending policies, documenting risks, and proposing solutions to information technology staff and management.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and motivation.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers and others
Education and/or Experience
- Data warehouse architecture experience. Experience should include some or all of the following:
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Metadata management
- Data quality assessment
- Performance tuning and optimization
- ETL/ELT design
- Cloud warehousing solutions
- Proficiency with SQL
- Agile/Scrum methodology