The DevOps Engineer is responsible for management and work in Cloud Infrastructure team. Main responsibilities include management of infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment, including workflow design and management and collaborating with engineering and other teams on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, cloud infrastructure, code, process and technology. The DevOps Engineer must have a deep knowledge of our technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration and development skills.
- Provides strategies and direction for infrastructure, integration, testing and deployment workflows, automation, process development, and process changes.
- Minimum of three years of .NET C# and web development operations experience.
- Advanced skills in Powershell and Microsoft technologies, including C#, ASP.NET and Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Intermediate skills in CSS, CSS3, and HTML5, XML, SOAP, REST API, Web Services
- Skills/knowledge in database technologies (Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle) including database development (T-SQL or PL/SQL).
- Excellent knowledge of web architectural, release and design patterns.
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Experience with Azure Storage and/or PaaS Hosting, ASP.NET MVC and Expression Blend.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.); ability to lead team in these methodologies.
- Account Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment Industry experience preferred.
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex operational issues.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Store, retrieve, document and manipulate code and data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements, storage and release.
- Develop and communicate information for quality assurance testing and validation procedures. Work collaboratively with QA team for project understanding for testing.
- Coordinate with developers on projects to ensure complimentary functional infrastructure and development.
- Assist with assignment and auditing of roles by job for compliance.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Engineering, Programming and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Writing computer programs for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, stories and models.
- Leadership — Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication. The ability to delegate responsibility and work to others and coach them to develop their capabilities, provide feedback, share information, manage performance, set goals, motivate team and address performance problems.
- Time, Resource and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people. Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the work of others.
College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required.