Our customer base has grown rapidly, and our engineering team has spent the last few years delivering new products and features to our customers. This year we also tackled work to improve our resiliency and reliability in the face of this growth.
We currently run both on-prem and in the cloud and are migrating more of our workloads to the cloud. Our stack is Angular, TypeScript, Node.js, Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and AWS. Our engineering and product teams are based in Beaverton, OR and Denver, CO and we have a several offshore contracted scrum teams.
Looking ahead we will invest more in modernizing our engineering practices and tooling, and in improving an already good partnership between engineering and product so that we can build and release in smaller, more frequent increments. We will be investing in both our current products, and building new solutions for customers' problems.
We are seeking a Director of Engineering to help us scale and transform our engineering team. You will play a central role in defining and leading best practices, in order to transform the culture and maturity of our engineering organization. You’ll build relationships, model best practices, coach, and evangelize to continuously improve how we build great products.
This role will report to the CTO. You will be responsible for mission critical areas and have explicit authority to drive to agreed objectives. We expect this role to take on direct management responsibility for two to five engineering managers, as well as some individual contributors, such as principal engineers.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 5+ years as a people manager, including leading multiple teams. This position will manage a team of Managers.
- Knowledge/experience leading full-stack development, setting direction, road-mapping, and carefully prioritizing technical debt and new ideas is a plus
- Well developed technical expertise gained by building highly reliable, cloud-based systems powering delightful consumer web and mobile products
- You want to know how things work and aren't afraid to dig in to find out. You can talk about how it all works and why, with any audience
- Experience with agile/agile transformation and product delivery processes.
- You pause, listen, and collaborate well cross-functionally, and with geographically distributed teams
- You have a gift for providing clarity from complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other related field
- Ideally experience in our tech stack (java, node, AWS, typescript, angular) would consider someone coming from MSFT stack as long as they have dabbles in newer tech's recently.
- Preference someone that was once a SW Developer that has grown though the ranks into leadership of SW Development teams, etc
NOTE: This position will require the ability to come into the office 2-3x/week in our Denver, Colorado (DTC) office.