Hood River, Oregon
We are looking for an individual to work for an industry leader in the UAV field who has a passion for learning, innovation, and problem solving. You will be working on challenging and interesting projects for a dynamic company that values a pioneering spirit. By creating new products, components, and prototype systems, you will be a key part our team as we continually grow and develop our products. Electrical engineers:
- Analyze, interpret, and develop electrical system/subsystem requirements and specifications
- Allocate requirements across module-level design elements and conduct trade studies
- Perform risk assessments and generates risk mitigation plans and strategies
- Create electrical system architectures and develops detailed designs
- Establish electronic hardware interface controls
- Develop and release electronic hardware documentation
- Develop and perform verification and validation procedures against operational and function requirements
- Conduct testing/analysis of avionics/electrical components, equipment, and systems
- Establish technical performance metrics making sure we are continually getting better and delivering superior products
- Diagnose operational anomalies and makes design improvements and/or modifications
- Participate in project design reviews to stay an industry leader with new designs and ideas
- Mentor junior level engineers on the team to help encourage innovation and diverse thoughts in a collaborative environment
Specific Experience Required:
- CAD Tools: Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Mentor Graphics Xpedition.
- Simulation: Signal Integrity simulation, Power Integrity simulation and Circuit Analysis tools (E.g. LTSpice, HyperLynx).
- Test and Debug: Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Multi-meter, Programmable Load and other test tools.
- Circuit Design: Knowledge and understanding of circuit design.
- Other: Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Familiar with analog, digital, power distribution and EMI/EMC fundamentals
- Familiarity of rigid PCB technologies, Ethernet, RS232, and VeriLog
- Programming skills: FPGA SOC/microcontroller, Verilog, Embedded-C
- Prior experience as a mentor or lead in a project management capacity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5-8 years of experience in electronics hardware
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-6 years of experience in electronics hardware