The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for installing and upgrading AMHS equipment in a timely manner.
This position requires both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment without direct supervision.
The Commissioning Engineer must follow designated installation procedures and safety guidelines established for work areas.
This position is required to work overtime, weekends and holidays. Compressed work schedule (6 pm- 6 am or 6 am-6pm)
Knowledge of Mechanical operation, Hex to decimal, binary to decimal conversion, Electrical Computer System, Robotics, Lock-out / Tag-out, Drawing, reading and understanding OSHA Safety processes.
- Perform equipment modifications and commissioning
- Assist and provide on-the-job training to other employees as well as to contractors or customers
- Follow all safety and protocol guidelines and work with safety coordinators
- Prepare for paperwork including Pre-Task Plans daily prior to work, commissioning check sheets
- Troubleshoot and recover errors
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Load/install and analyze software and hardware
- Conduct running tool performance tests and verify results
- Configure tools to specific customer demands
- Communicate project progress and take directions from Project Manager to stay on schedule and provide constructive feedback as warranted
- Prioritize tasks based on the commissioning check sheets
- Communicate work expectations with co-workers daily and interact with customers regularly
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment without much supervision
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Require systematic troubleshooting skills and judgment and problem-solving skills to resolve diverse projects
- Must be willing to learn and be trained and strive to do better
- Strong oral and written communicate
- Must be able to work under pressure of customer and Project Manager(s) and complete tasks under tight time frame
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays
- Required to follow and understand work rules and procedures
- Must follow safety guidelines established for work areas
- Must be able to exhibit logic and troubleshooting skills
- Required to travel (Domestic and International)
- Must conform at all times to customer’s safety and cleanliness policies to maintain a safe and clean work environment