Enterprise Network Engineer
Must be local to Las Vegas, NV
The primary responsibilities of the Enterprise Network Engineer are the design, configuration and maintenance of the company’s network infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls and CISCO other associated equipment. Configure and support audio visual equipment including video conferencing systems, digital signage, and audio systems. Assessment of new solution technologies, training of end users and responsive L1-L4 support for incident resolution are key elements to this role.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run, maintain, and support the network and security appliance platforms and infrastructure.
- Support the operation of solutions to manage a complex, high-performance multimedia network utilizing real-time video and audio broadcasting
- Maintain configurations for Aruba switches, routers and APs, Checkpoint firewalls, and Cisco products.
- Configure AV protocols such as Dante and NDI
- Support physical cable plants
- Identify risks and issues and escalate to management accordingly
- Identify, test and deploy network patches and improvements to maintain optimal performance
- Work in a team environment with direct supervision
- Availability to work on-call, nights and weekends as necessary
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Attend work as scheduled on a consistent and regular basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant network engineering experience supporting specialized AV deployments in a multicast environment
- Strong understanding of layer 2/3 network protocols and technologies and expertise deploying and maintaining a multi-cast network
- Candidates should demonstrate technical acumen across several of these disciplines:
- Networking platforms including core and edge switches and Wi-Fi implementations
- ACL, mDNS, VRF, VLAN, LAG and SD-WAN management
- Centralized management platforms such as Aruba Central or Prime
- Understanding of firewall configurations and deployments in both an on-prem and cloud-based environment
- Mastery of CISCO network topologies, protocols, and standards of a CCNP or equivalent level
- Network configuration and administration with Azure, Silver Peak, Aruba, and Checkpoint
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Monitoring and diagnosing performance issues
- Designing, writing, and updating both system documentation and network diagrams
- Perform software/firmware updates to all network devices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written form.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
Proof of authorization to work in the United States
Team Members are expected to always conduct and carry themselves in a professional manner. Team Members are required to observe the Company’s standards, work requirements and rules of conduct.
Will to work On-Call occasionally in case of emergency.
Strength and agility to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.