Catapult is seeking a highly qualified Field Application Engineer to support our client base in the Portland, OR area.
This individual will play an integral role in servicing and consulting our highly visible customer base for our Programmable Logic product lines.
If you are looking for an opportunity to broaden your technical design/engineering experience into a consultative and solutions driven outlet, while providing best in class service to core customer base, then this may be the job for you!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment and performance to KPIs.
- Understand customer needs and leverage engineering and design services resources to facilitate solutions for customers.
- Apply technical knowledge to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre & post-sales activities.
- Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls, maintaining supplier certification requirements
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Identify key relationships among decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Attend and actively participate in strategic meetings.
- Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions.
- This job profile requires the assignment and participation in a sales compensation plan. A portion of OTE will be variable and tied to specific sales-related goals as set forth.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- 5+ years of hands-on Engineering and Intel PSG FPGA Design Engineering experience.
- Understanding of electronic design processes, tools and challenges.
- Understanding of various emerging technologies.
- Familiarity with hardware and firmware design.
- Exceptional communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout the State of Oregon.
- A desire to grasp the initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Xilinx and Microsemi FPGA experience.
- Self-motivation and teamwork.
- Creativity and problem solving.
What’s In It For You
We recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That’s why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Generous salary + commission plus car allowance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Deeply discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees!
- And more!