Field Service Engineer – No Travel
- Observing the equipment in operation; listening for problems; executing various test cycle operations and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on equipment; following site specific procedures, operations manuals.
- Perform site specific projects, as assigned by the EIC and/or SC (i.e., assistance in writing or verifying procedures, information retrieval for ongoing investigations, etc.)
- Insure proper tracking of parts used to ensure consignment inventory accuracy. Follow proper stock handling procedures.
- This position works a compressed work schedule (3-4 work week)
- Ability to react to changes proactively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Require both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills and the ability to work on assigned tasks without direct supervision.
- AS degree, technical certificate, or equivalent with minimum of 8 years related work experience desired.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Require excellent systematic troubleshooting skills, judgment, and problem-solving skills to resolve diverse projects with ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Display broad-based customer focus and commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Require comprehensive knowledge of basic computer language and commands.
- Must be able to work weekends and Holidays.
- Require the wearing of a uniform in a cleanroom environment at customer site.
- Prior Experience with a Japanese company a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.