The Manager of Product Design is responsible for leading a team of UX professionals to define and drive forward the user experience for all applications. An ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the UX discipline, including UX research, UX design, information architecture, and usability testing combined with experience managing and leading a team. This role works very closely with Product Management and Product Development to define and deliver products to the market.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and career development for UX team members.
- Hiring, leading and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking process, planning, milestones and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Providing leadership, technical expertise and career development for team members.
- Promote a positive, forward-leaning culture of innovation, customer-orientation, and results.
- Collaborate with and coordinate with other teams, including Product Management, Product Marketing, and Product Development.
- Ensure robust UX research and usability testing to prove or disprove assumptions and to enable teams to iterate towards solutions that customers will love.
- Prioritize and assign responsibilities to UX team members to support the delivery of products across multiple Product Development agile teams.
- Develop and maintain UX design system.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in UX design and research for the web.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team.
- Strong communication written and verbal communication skills
- Strong design portfolio (with examples of work on web and mobile apps)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership — Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication. The ability to delegate responsibility and work to others and coach them to develop their capabilities, provide feedback, share information, manage performance, set goals, motivate team and address performance problems.
- Time, Resource and Task Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others. Assessing the value, importance, or quality of things or people. Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work and the work of others.
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.