The Data & Machine Learning team is highly visible within the company, at the front line of many of our customers' experience. The e-commerce space is dynamic, both in terms of customer experience and technologies, and we are looking for a strong technical and people manager to lead this team. You will coach and mentor your data engineering team, work closely with Product Management, Machine Learning Engineering and Data Science colleagues to define, refine, and drive delivery, facilitate and own technical decisions, and occasionally have a chance to deploy code into production.?Our engineering managers are very technical and hands-on.
- You are a Big Data expert with a focus on data structure design, development, and architecture and continue to be a hands-on coder when time allows, having at least 7 years of experience in software development
- You have a track record of leading, growing and developing Data Engineering teams supporting Machine Learning, and advanced Analytics business stakeholders or enterprise customers
- You are fluent in Python and have experience with Scala (or Java)
- You have independently designed and built complex, highly scalable, highly reliable data pipelines, using Spark, Parquet, Hive, Presto, and Airflow, or equivalents
- You have advanced working knowledge of a Cloud platform, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- You can demonstrate a deep understanding of the concepts behind distributed databases, and both streaming and batch processing systems
- You have a demonstrable track record of delivering large projects on schedule and on budget
- You have a history of working in a fast-paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environments
- You can demonstrate that you have excellent written and spoken communication skills in a technical setting
- You have obtained a degree (BS/MS+) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- You have experience working with leaders in different disciple to make a positive impact on the business.