Loads, unloads, and moves parts and materials. Monitors receipt, storage and issuing of materials, and supplies. Monitors and documents inventory receiving transactions cycle and physical counts. Validates parts, kits and material availability, tracks order data and adjusts workflow to meet changes in production demand. Reviews daily parts and materials demands. Performs data entry, reviews or processes return material authorizations and generates/reviews reports. Reviews parts demands, identifies/reports shortages and reconciles inventory issues. Sources and orders low value non inventory parts and materials. Resolves and/or elevates receiving, shipping and sourcing issues. Reports process deficiencies and suggests process changes. May document rejected parts and maintains parts records.
- Full knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work, and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Errors may be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
- Ability to perform varied administrative activities such as data input, record or log keeping, information monitoring and follow-up, etc.
- Ability to operate typical warehouse equipment (e.g. forklift, turret truck, stock picker).
- Ability to utilize technological tools (e.g., PC's, web sites) and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications and resolutions. Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware (e.g., personal computers, software, printers, storage media) and standard software (e.g., word processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets/databases).
- Knowledge of enterprise resource systems to include supply databases, shipping receiving, warranties and inventory management tools/processes.
- Knowledge of customer and supplier requirements to support program deliveries for example planned versus unplanned demand, economic order quantity, resource planning, material type, manufacture or purchase, lead times.
- Knowledge of specialized processes and technical areas which include: Foreign Object Damage/Debris procedures and equipment; sheet metal processing; air vehicle manufacturing processes; shipping, receiving, packaging and storage; specialized tools; calibration maintenance processes; corrosion prevention; electrostatic discharge; fabrication tools; hand-tools; flight hardware towing, jacking, and marshaling operations; general shop processes.
- General knowledge of transportation, shipping, receiving, and storage procedures to understand and identify potential requirements and impacts (e.g., Electrostatic Discharge [ESD], hazardous material, OSHA, EHS).
There are physical demands that are essential functions of this job:
- Most of the time, lifting up to 35lbs
- Frequently standing, squatting, crouching, kneeling, stooping, bending, reaching forward, carrying up to 20lbs, push/pull up 20lbs
- Occasionally lifting up to 50lbs, pushing/pulling up to 30lbs, and working from heights (on lifts)
Education & Experience
High School and 2 years of related experience.