Hood River, Oregon
The Staff Mechanical Engineer works under only general direction. They will independently determine and develop approaches to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Excellent communication skills are required, there will be frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience providing technical direction to other engineers and designers is required
- Experience with computer aided tools including both solid modeling, FEA, and drafting packages is required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials science, and prototyping techniques is required.
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering theories to practical designs is required.
- Knowledge of polymers and composite materials is required.
- Knowledge of engineering tests techniques, methods, equipment and instrumentation is required.
- Experience with Solidworks is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of domestic and international regulations (e.g. FAA or DOD regulations) on the certification of
test articles/vehicles to assure compliance of design is desired
Education and Experience:
Typical experience: min 8 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or min 6 years’ experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.