- Work with Product Owners to understand requirements, design, estimate and deliver solutions to QE/operations
- Design and implement scalable, elegant and maintainable applications
- Contribute as a hands-on developer
- Work closely Product Management and the rest of the engineering team to define features and their implementations with careful attention to quality, scalability, and maintainability
- Can break down complex technical solutions into abstractions that the rest of the team and understand.
- investigate and fix bugs independently
- write automated unit, functional, and integration tests independently.
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies and meetings.
- Track work in ticketing system (JIRA)
- Participate in Pull Request reviews. Provide and receive feedback to continuously improve.
- Ask clarifying questions. Learn everything you can about the product, its users, and how they interact with the product.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 6+ years of experience as a software engineer/lead developer
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science or relevant field
- A good understanding of core Java fundamentals
- A passion for problem solving and helping people
- Experience with the Linux command line, git, and an IDE
- Experience writing unit tests
- Knowledge of Agile/scrum, professional software engineering best practices and unit testing
- Ability to participate in the requirements process, providing feedback and engagement
- Ability to review, analyze, and modify existing systems
- Ability to mentor and lead developers and overseas resources
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to adapt to rapid project changes
Nice to have
- Proficiency with Angular 6+
- Proficiency with Reactive Programming libraries such as RxJS
- Proficiency with Spring Boot Framework
- Experience with Elastic (Elasticsearch, Logstash, APM, Rally)
- Experience with JSON:API Specification
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge about application server authentication/authorization (SAML 2.0, JWT, etc)
- Community or open source involvement (e.g. Hackathons, local user groups)
- Some cool projects that you'd love to show off