As the Product Designer it requires daily meeting and communication with customers on the phone and email, also communicates with designers. Therefore, the person in this position requires excellent communication skills in listening, writing, and speaking. The accuracy of document descriptions, specification values and the cost estimation are essential tasks for this job.
The person in this position must have the ability to learn new technology in a very short time. i.e., mechanical design tools, material analysis, sensors, motor driver control, seismic analysis, fire code, variety of simulations, cleanliness, gas purification.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as Mechanical Engineer (Desirable)
- At least 2 years of AMHS experience (Desirable)
- Listen to customers (internal and external) and write down customer requirements and technical specifications.
- Create product conceptual sketches and proposals and present them to stakeholders.
- Design mechanical portion of products.
- Create assembly and part manufacturing drawings.
- Manage multiple projects by delegating low level tasks to subcontractors.
- Discuss with other departments and third parties on safety and regulatory requirements.
- Order local parts fabrication.
- Create procedures for the designed products and train field workers.
- Write the product installation procedures and service manuals.
- Support field engineers on testing and evaluation.
- Estimate development costs and schedule.
- Plan and execute development projects in time and within the budget.
- Train users of the products.
- Designed products meet federal and local regulatory requirements as well as customer requirements.
- Clearly define development timelines and scopes with risk mitigations.
- Manage time and resources to handle multiple projects.
- Leave detailed records and documentation of the products for future reference.
- Drawing reading and understanding of schematics
- Strong math and trouble shooting skills
- Safety standards and rules for Semi-conductor industry
- Microsoft Office
- SketchUp (Preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Japanese Language skills will be a plus but not required.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to respond and follow up on questions and inquiries from internal and external customers
- Must be able to work overtime for the meeting with DFK designers in Japan, package generation by the tight due date
- Required to travel around 0 to 3 times per year (Majority trips are in Domestic and International travel to Asia and Europe depending on the project site)
- Must be highly motivated to coordinate resources toward successful completion of projects
- Must have a valid US state issued driver license and a valid passport
- Be flexible to travel in very short notice
- Self-management of time and health is essential for this work since we have very limited resources in our department.
- Must be able to work at high-speed pace, under a lot of pressure and adopt cultural and language difference between US and Japan
- Bachelor Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education level and knowledge