The Product Manager works cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business teams, with consideration of customer and supplier needs, competitive landscape, business model, and strategic goals. The position drives the product roadmap and work closely with the development teams to collaboratively design solutions, establish measure of success, turn initiatives into stories, and ensure timely delivery and launch of assigned products. This role requires exceptional communication and analytical skills, and a high level of detail orientation and follow-through.
- Own and manage the product lifecycle for an assigned product portfolio. Communicate delivery scope, status, and questions back to business.
- Work with development teams to turn initiatives into well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria for development. Maintain a backlog of well-formed stories for implementation by the development teams.
- Identify and track key performance indicators for assigned products to enable data-driven decisions about enhancements, features, and new products.
- Guide business partners through the work intake process, highlighting milestones and artifacts, and understand the value behind them.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to provide the necessary support for explaining products and features to clients and prospects. Act as the subject matter expert for assigned product portfolio.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather insights, communicate the value of new products and features, and identify new product opportunities.
- Understand markets, competition, and user personas in depth. Gather information from customers, prospects, leadership, and suppliers about market problems and product enhancement opportunities. Perform financial and competitive analysis to drive pricing and economic evaluation of assigned product portfolio.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business area and/or equivalent work experience required. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years of product management or related experience, preferably within a financial technology environment.
- Advanced computer skills and expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and product management tools.