This position requires a strong proficiency in Java J2EE applications, Eclipse, Jenkins, CruisControl, Apache Software Foundation Tomcat, Apache Software Foundation HTTP, Apache Software Foundation Chemistry, Apache Software Foundation Ant and Oracle.
- Provides lead direction, training and work review to a programming project team; organized and assigns work, sets priorities, and follows-up and controls project status to ensure coordination and completion of assigned work.
- Provides input into selection, evaluation, disciplinary and other personnel matters.
- Gathers and analyzes information regarding customer systems and requirements and develops or modifies automated systems to fulfill these needs. Conducts feasibility studies and develops system, time, equipment and cost requirements.
- Using computer generated techniques, simulates hardware and software problems, tests and evaluates alternative solutions, and recommends and implements appropriate applications design.
- Develops program logic and processing steps; codes programs in varied languages.
- Plans and develops test data to validate new or modified programs; designs input and output forms and documents.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software problems, as needed, for customers, other agencies and information systems personnel.
- Write program documentation and customer procedures and instructions and assists user departments and staff in implementing new or modified programs and applications; tracks and evaluates project and systems progress.
- Writes utility programs to support and validate adopted systems and programs.
- Confers with customer department staff regarding assigned functional program areas.
- Maintains records and prepares periodic and special reports of work performed.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology and new computer customer applications.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Uses standard office equipment in the course of the work.
- Four (4) years of full-time professional level experience in systems analysis and programming in a large information technology environment.
- Professional level experience that has provided the skills and knowledge necessary to perform all job functions at this level may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of two (2) years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field. Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Physical Demands: Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain seated and maintain concentration for an extended period of time.
- Background Investigation: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation. Periodically after employment background investigations may be conducted.
Pre-Employment Drug Testing: Employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug examination.