The Quality Technician performs visual, mechanical and electrical inspections on incoming material and production product and validate documentation is correct. Ensure material / products meet defined product specifications and standards. Record results of inspections into our quality system database.
- Validates product documentation.
- Processes non-conforming material for Material Review Board.
- Complete accurate records, both on paper and electronic data, in order to provide data mining capability for product and process improvement.
- Responds to elevated questions and assists production in gaining compliance of production aircraft assembly.
- Assists first article inspection of production and supplier material.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and engineering specifications.
- Previous experience performing acceptance inspections on material / products.
- Experience with measurement tools and equipment required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with individuals at all levels and functions of the business.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
- Lift / carry material in inspection area.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 or AS9100 quality system.
Education & Experience
- Associate degree in related discipline (preferred) and 3 or more years of inspection experience