The Safety Coordinator is responsible for strategical training and development needs for install and service on rare occasions. The safety coordinator will conduct announced and unannounced audits to ensure compliance according to company procedures as well as local, state, federal and international standards. The safety coordinator will conduct PPE and safety equipment inspections and provide recommendations at the site level to ensure all PPE is in good working condition and secured so that the company is not unnecessarily buying duplicate PPE. The site safety coordinators will mentor other safety coordinators and cross train to ensure we are providing consistent daily safety inspections and site orientation across the board.
1. Maintain a safe and secure work environment by correcting unsafe acts/conditions
2. Facilitate daily safety meetings
3. Perform daily safety inspections and observations fairly, firmly and consistently. Generate and distribute daily safety reports to Safety Manager, Project Team and the customer.
4. Review and sign Pre-Task Plans daily prior to work
5. Work with a project team to plan and create Job Hazard Analysis prior to project start-up and continue to update as the project progresses
6. Create job site specific safety plans and other site safety documentation as required by customers or management and submit to the safety manager for approval.
7. Develop site specific safety training via PowerPoint /conduct site specific orientation and conduct focused training with all project employees. All training must be kept on a training spreadsheet located on the SharePoint.
8. Report all safety incidents to the Project Manager and the Safety Manager within 30 minutes of occurrence
9. Responsible for investigating all safety incidents for Root Cause Analysis, prepare and distribute incident reports to Project Team and Safety Manager within 24 hours of the incident
10. Ensure to communicate safety issues or concerns on site to Project Management Team
11. Represent company in all OSHA compliance inspections
12. Must be in the FAB 80% of the time. Safety Leads must be in the fab 70% of the time – 30% of the time will be spent working on JHAs, ordering PPE and administrative duties.
13. Check emails and respond to emails (morning and late afternoon)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years of safety experiences
- Semiconductor experiences
- Experiences in creating PowerPoint presentations and conducting training
- Working with diversity
- CERTIFICATIONS: OSHA 500 (Required)
- Experiences with OSHA and international regulations and requirements (Preferred)
- Ability to interface effectively with customers and Project Team
- Must be able to travel at least 80% of time
- Be flexible to visit and/or be assigned to work sites on a short- or long-term basis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Required to follow and understand work rules and procedures
- Must follow safety guidelines established for work areas
- Required to be present at work on time
- Must be able to establish good working relationship with the team
- Ability to recognize onsite risk factors and take appropriate action firmly and tactfully
- Must be able to address issues to safety manager for immediate attention
- Confined Space
- Lock out/Tag out
- Arc Flash
- Fall Protection
- ANSI/RIA R15.06 standards helpful
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) (Required)
- Windows OS