This role will likely have a lot of responsibilities that revolve around building well-designed, implemented, and tested products. It will require someone with specific expertise building projects up from scratch, including but not limited to tooling, utilities, routing, and templating. You’ll need to be comfortable with contributing to building the tools we’ll all use to build reusable, high-performance components for use within our platform.
- Design and develop front-end features of the app’s and other internally or externally facing products.
- Build up tooling, paradigms, and utilities that makes the lives of the front-end engineers easier.
- Work with the Product and Design teams to ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize solutions for speed and scalability.
- Be able and willing to wear multiple metaphorical hats and contribute in whatever capacity is needed to ensure mutual success.
- Work constructively with others to discuss potential solutions, make a decision as a team, and move forward decisively and quickly.
- Be able to align with and support the team’s direction.
Projects you might work on in your first 6 months:
- Build and maintain accessible interactive experiences for an extremely diverse user base.
- Build tools and establish paradigms for designing, creating, maintaining, publishing, and documenting reusable components across multiple platforms and projects.
- Create highly efficient containers designed for code splitting and dynamic loading while maintaining a professional polish.
- Building reusable micro-interactions and other delight-inducing features to add shine and fun to our applications.
- Contribute to a high-performance, customizable message-passing framework to facilitate communication between applications.
Experience & Skills
We hope that candidates will bring the following competencies and expertise, not their ego. If you get the impression that you would be a great fit, but don’t necessarily have experience with all skills below, that is okay. We are looking for someone who can find what they love and own it.
Core skill requirements:
- 6+ years Front-End focused experience
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate clear communication within your team and across the organization
- Willingness to learn and adapt as needs demand
- Experience building new react products up from scratch; including but not limited to bootstrapping, tooling, CI, routing and building base components
- Demonstrated experience with animations (framer motion a plus)
- Willingness to work across multiple platforms (we use both react-dom and react-native in house)
- Broad knowledge of web standards, trends, and cross-browser compatibility
- Passion to implement and advise on accessibility, performance, and usability
- Mobile app experience
Advantageous skills include:
- TypeScript or any strictly typed language
- GraphQL and Relay
- React Native, specifically working with native code
- Experience building apps using a storybook-first approach
- Experience with unit and functional testing methodologies
- Building reusable components and design systems