We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our client’s amazing Product and UX team. This is a remote position.
We’re looking for a versatile, and seasoned, UX designer to join our team to build new analytics products for our customers to better understand and make decisions in the freight market. You thrive in team settings, collaborate with stakeholders, and love to learn. You lead by empathy, strive for the voice of the customer, and iterate to achieve product vision. You have a stellar digital portfolio that you are proud of and are excited to share with us.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand the freight market and our customer pain points in order to determine how data and analytics factors into valuable solutions.
- Solicit feedback early and often from stakeholders, customers, and engineers, fearlessly and quickly iterating on unpolished hand sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to explore customer needs and the solution space.
- Work closely with product managers, data scientists, and engineers, communicating clearly and iterating on designs based on level of effort and end-user value to rapidly ship products to market.
- Understand data science models and create compelling and easy-to-use visualizations that solve customer problems.
- Leverage product analytics (mixpanel, hotjar, etc.) to quantify usage patterns and identify areas where users are struggling to achieve their objectives.
- Shape our approach to excellent user experience by facilitating design thinking with workshops, developing customer journeys, and defining user flows and presenting findings to senior stakeholders.
- Conduct discovery and testing research with customers to identify green space and to iterate on existing products and features.
- Build out our approach to a design system, publishing design components to the repository and developing the style guide.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- Comfort with data science as a product domain and experience with data visualization, along with making decisions based on product metrics.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of heuristics, user research, user workflow, journey mapping, information architecture design, and ability to evaluate design concepts.
- A self-starter who thrives on responsibility and accountability, is hypothesis-driven, and understands when details matter and when they’re distractions.
- Fluency with mobile technologies and interactions.
- Proficiency in design and rapid prototyping tools like, Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Principle and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficient in Agile methodologies and working and working within a Scrum framework.
- Be able to present a portfolio of web and mobile app design, examples of sketching and lo-to-hi-fidelity prototypes that explain both the process and outcome.
- 5+ years of experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in fields such as Interaction Design/ HCI, Product Design, Graphic Design, Human Factors