As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a member of a cross-functional Engineering team building solutions to meet the needs of our customers, partners and internal operations staff. Your ability to lead your teammates towards robust, scalable, automated choices will enable us to work better and to provide exceptional stability to our stakeholders. This position requires a strong ability to communicate and mentor others, combined with expert knowledge of things like Docker, Kubernetes, CI pipelines, time series databases, visualization tools, monitoring and alerting solutions, and log aggregation.
- Provide expert guidance to teammates to facilitate automated deployment, auto-scale out, self-healing, and automated rollback capabilities
- Implement and maintain infrastructure for automation and site reliability, such as CI solutions, monitoring and alerting, time series data collection, visualization, and log aggregation.
- Participate fully in a cross-functional software development team working within an Agile process with a DevOps mindset, taking and completing stories to achieve team results.
- Create and maintain documentation of best practices and implementation steps as needed for team members to be successful.
- Collaborate closely with other Site Reliability Engineers within a Community of Practice to ensure consistency across the organization, and to keep current with emerging technology opportunities.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 or more years experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, (DevOps) Operations Engineer, Software Engineer or other role in which automation and site reliability was a responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, networking engineering or related field or equivalent experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes for managing cloud-based deployments.
- Experience implementing and using CI pipelines for building, testing, and deploying software across progressive environments.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases, including the ability to write SQL queries.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and cloud-native implementations.
- Strong technical curiosity and a passion for collaborating with others to try new things.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills combined with low drama.
- Familiarity working within a Microsoft ecosystem including experience with Powershell and .NET/C# strongly desired.
- Prior experience working on a high-performing Agile software development team a plus.
- Any knowledge of time series databases, visualization tools (such as Grafana), monitoring and alerting solutions, and/or log aggregation tools (Elastic Stack, LogDNA) will further strengthen your candidacy.