As a Software Engineering Manager you will hire, grow, mentor and lead a team of front-end engineers dedicated to creating a robust, beautiful, world-class shopping experience. This team is currently focused on: improving page rendering times, multiple growth initiatives around customer acquisition and retention, significant focus on product health, time spent on engineering excellence and architecture.
Important things to know: Our engineering managers are very technical and hands on. This team is highly visible within the company and we need a strong technical and people manager to lead this team successfully.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, preferably internet or ecommerce
- 5+ years’ experience in managing high performing software engineers
- Expert knowledge of current website technologies, standards, and UI design
- Experience in front-end/website development strongly preferred
- Strong software and data structure design, development and architecture experience
- History of working in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment
- Ability to lead influence others and find creative solutions and move quickly to deliver them
- Strong analytical skills with a data driven approach and ability to measure impact of projects
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience, Master’s Degree preferred