The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for implementing cloud-based desktop, web, and service applications with Microsoft’s Windows Azure Cloud Computing Technology. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of the Microsoft.NET technology stack be a self-motivated, technically-adept team player. It is important that they be a creative, solutions-based engineer with strong communication, collaboration and development skills who takes great pride in their work.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide global technical leadership across Site Reliability Engineering and Product Engineering teams
- Lead designs of software components, systems, and features to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of services
- Lead sustainable incident response, postmortems, and production improvements that result in direct business opportunities
- Provide guidance to other team members on managing availability and performance of mission critical services, building automation to prevent problem recurrence, and building automated responses for non-exceptional service conditions
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards, and cultivate innovation and collaboration
- Manage projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- 4 years experience Software Reliability Engineer
- Must Have: solid Kubernetes experience.
- Experience using Helm to deploy Kubernetes applications.
- CI/CD automation experience. Setting up automation pipelines and processes.
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with scripting languages (Powershell/Bash/Python/Go)
- Experience working with .NET framework/.NetCore
- Bonus: Experience with C#
- Bonus: Working with Windows IIS services