As the Manager of SRE, you apply transformational leadership skills and technical best practices to a team of Site Reliability Engineers. You will facilitate Agile/Kanban expertise to efficiently uphold company’s SRE values and standard of excellence. You are a collaborative leader who works among Engineering, Quality, Product Management, and Customer Success teams to achieve the desired strategic objectives.
Together—as one team—we listen, collaborate and believe that anything and everything is possible.
- Facilitate and lead a cross-functional operations team. Responsible for the productivity, quality, and success of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management and other stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Organize the team to provide consistent and steady output.
- Remove blockers and impediments that impact the team.
- Motivate, guide, and mentor the team to grow in knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical input as needed, but primarily create and environment where the team can self-organize.
- Facilitate and enforce all team ceremonies and meetings. Ensure processes are followed. Adapt as necessary.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members via regular 1:1 meetings.
- Listen to feedback from the team and use it to improve the environment and productivity of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10+ years industry experience.
- Bachelors or equivalent.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience supporting a cloud native application stack (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration platforms, Kubernetes preferred.
- Experience with declarative IaC frameworks: Terraform, Ansible /Puppet/Chef/Salt
- Experience working inside modern observability platforms like:
- Centralized logging (ELK, Splunk)
- APM (Datadog, New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace)
- Platform telemetry (DataDog, Nagios)
- Experience working delivering with CI/CD pipelines (Concourse, CircleCI, Github Actions Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Strong Linux or Windows experience (both is preferred)
- Experience supporting Java and/or .Net front end services to backend storage systems in both SQL and No-SQL contexts
- Strong experience working with Git driven operations (API driven infra)
- Experience with search platforms like Elastic and Solr at high scale
- Strong coding experience in any of the following: java, python, ruby, go (Python is preferred)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience leading SRE teams in SaaS context
- Experience working in distributed teams
- Experience working in cloud-native and on-premise platforms
- Strong mentorship experience taking SRE teams through transformational periods
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency for a high growth/ fast paced environment
- Proven track record of leading implementations of build and release engineering best practices, both processes and technologies
- Curious mind, wanting to learn new technologies
- The ability to think outside of the box to resolve issues and create solutions
- Experience working with Agile software development principles.
- Familiarity with modern software development lifecycles.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.