Services computing hardware, software, telecommunications, and audio/visual equipment. Performs troubleshooting and makes repairs within established guidelines. Gathers system requirements, user needs and makes initial software and hardware recommendations. Responds to service requests and provides technical support and problem resolution. Elevates and coordinates out of scope technical issues. Monitors issue occurrences and documents events. Maintains support logs and issue tracking. Installs desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software. Performs initial system configuration and setup. Assists users in understanding basic system operations
- Has a full understanding of the job.
- Skill to perform varied administrative activities such as data input, record or log keeping, information monitoring and follow-up, etc.
- Works effectively and cooperatively with others; establishes and maintains good working relationships.
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize communications and network tests (e.g., sub-system, system, installation, performance, operational, built-in test, qualification, acceptance). Knowledge of test methodologies for voice and data networks and communications equipment.
- Knowledge of IT standards for the company, operating group, division, and specific organization.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develops and sustains productive customer relationships.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering technical information (e.g., drawings, handbooks, industry standards and specifications).
- Knowledge of different IT disciplines (e.g., infrastructure, information, application, security, system management, system integration).
- Knowledge of integrated computer systems and associated peripherals to include printers, media storage, and interface cards. Demonstrates the ability to perform data back up and restoration, diagnostics, configuration control and problem solving of the system.
- Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the organization, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Ability to instruct others on discipline specific operations, tasks or systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
2 or more years of related experience with an Associate’s degree preferred.