Hood River, Oregon
Hood River, Oregon
- We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to work in design, requirements definition, analysis, and test.
- Contributes to the selection, development, and integration of propulsion systems.
- Performs subsystem requirements definition, synthesis, analysis, and allocation.
- Conducts requirements decomposition, develops functional/physical block diagrams, and defines subsystem interface requirements.
- Analyzes vertical/horizontal requirements traceability.
- Defines subsystem verification methodology and develops quality assurance provisions. Analyzes use cases and defines information exchanges, physical architecture, and interfaces.
- Evaluates customer requirements, constraints, and operational expectations and develops product design recommendations.
- Performs trade studies and evaluates alternatives. Identifies and provides input to technical risk and opportunity analysis.
- Develops design hierarchy and integrates specialty engineering provisions.
- Performs systems modeling.
- Drafts test plans and procedures.
- Identifies instrumentation and data acquisition requirements and makes recommendations. Executes tests and contributes to test reporting.
- Analyzes and develops verification results.
- Assists or performs engineering analysis to include affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human factors/human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, and system security.
- Assists with system design reviews.
Education and Experience
- Experience with the integration and testing of propulsion systems is required.
- Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
- Experience establishing test requirements from supporting documentation, test plans, internal and external customers. Knowledge of domestic and international regulations (e.g. FAA and DOD regulations) on the certification of test articles/vehicles to assure compliance of design.
- Can apply technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Derives and allocates requirements (e.g., system, sub-system, software) and show traceability throughout the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge and understanding of phases of system development lifecycle including (requirements definition, system design, build/integrate, test and deployment).
- 2-4 years in an engineering classification with a Bachelor's degree or 0-2 years’ experience in an engineering classification with a Master's degree.