Looking for an experienced level Technical Support Engineering role providing industry-best service to customers and partners using our products and services. Focus to ensure timely response and rapid resolution of inbound requests or escalations. Support delivery spans all assisted and digital support channels.
- 3-5 years of enterprise support
- Ideally SaaS support
- Linux or Windows support
- AWS support
- Active at the server level… Linux troubleshooting
- Real time application log analysis (New Relic or Data Dog)
- Good handle on SQL
- Scripting knowledge (Python, Perl, or PowerShell)
- Wireshark (network troubleshooting)
- Debugging code (Java, C#)
- Rest API testing (Postman)
- Frontline support role for Enterprise products or Backline support role for SaaS-hosted solutions or Enterprise products.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where independent action and high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing solutions. Independently identifies the root cause of software or system issues and uses system analysis and testing techniques to solve problems with minimal assistance. Routinely develops reproducible testcases.
- Adhere to SLAs for support coverage to ensure initial response and timely resolution for customer cases via phone, web, and community.
- Actively diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues. Escalate cases as required based on customer business impact.
- Develop broad expertise for multiple assigned products to maximize first contact resolution.
- Build deep expertise as SME (Subject-Matter-Expert) for assigned focused technologies or products as point of escalation for frontline or backline teams. May be assigned to specialized teams or projects to leverage knowledge.
- Focus on delivery of quality service to customers and partners to drive high levels of customer satisfaction and long-term loyalty.
- Effectively manage cases to ensure timely customer status updates and ultimate resolution.
- May require handling critical accounts, customer escalations, and 3rd party support coordination to resolve issues.
- Log and track cases using Salesforce, maintaining detailed documentation of all interactions and statuses throughout lifecycle of issue.
- Frequently engage with SRE and Engineering teams to drive resolution of issues, handling all customer-facing communications to set clear expectations through closure.
- Capture, reuse and share knowledge using KCS (Knowledge-Centered Service) practices as Contributor or Publisher. May include KCS Coach role or Knowledge Domain Expert (KDE) responsibilities for online content and product or process feedback across company.
- Promote adoption and success of customers and partners using self-service offerings, including knowledgebase, community, and training resources.
- Lead the identification and implementation of “shift left” changes to increase resolution rate and accelerate time to resolution.
- May participate in readiness planning and activities related to pre-release or new product introduction preparation for the support team.
- Advocate for product, policy and process improvements that improve the customer experience.
- May be assigned as Designated Support Engineer or Business Critical Support resource to specific accounts for premium offerings.
- Follow required polices and processes to maintain compliance with information security and data protection requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and fulfill customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- College degree in technical related field or industry/career equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a support delivery role or 6 plus years industry/career equivalent experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Passion for helping customers succeed.
- Requires deep IT, networking, database, or SaaS/Cloud application support experience. On-premise support experience highly desirable.
- Industry certifications in Windows, Linux, RDBMS, AWS are highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Expert level diagnosis and problem-solving abilities.
- Time management and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient in using CRM business systems, Microsoft business applications, JIRA/Confluence, and related platforms.