The Software Development/ Engineering Technical Writer will use technical knowledge to develop internal and external documentation. Responsibilities will include data collection, collaboration across teams, writing, layout and publication. This role works proactively to capture and document knowledge; create guides, release notes and documentation. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, strong time management, technical knowledge and organizational skills and refined attention to detail. The Technical Writer must also be a problem solver, comfortable working independently and have strong time and project management skills.
- 5+years technical writing in a software development environment.
- Some familiarity with accounting or payment industry and experience in creating the role of technical writing function preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with current publishing options.
- Experience documenting Web APIs required
- MUST HAVE WRITING SAMPLES
- Create and maintain articles that document current systems and process (mostly from tribal knowledge).
- Collaborate with internal and external customers; as well as, developers, project managers, and team leads to translate user stories into user documents, release notes, technical documentation, integration product information, and other types of documentation as needed.
- Publish documentation and articles for internal and external customers. Maintain database and archive of documents.
- Work with Marketing and Training Specialists to determine overall technical information strategy and assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree in technical writing or equivalent experience.