The UI/UX Web Designer is responsible for research, design, development and testing of cloud-based desktop, web, and mobile user interface. This position is responsible for specific solutions-based projects within our Engineering team – projects may focus on infrastructure, product enhancements, customer integrations or new product development. It requires knowledge of the Microsoft.NET technology stack, exceptional self-motivation and desire to learn and adapt in a team environment, strong communication, collaboration and development skills.
- 5+ years of front end web development and UX experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Ajax, jQuery, CSS, CSS3, and HTML, XML, REST API and Web Services.
- Excellent knowledge of web architectural and design patterns.
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including modern web frameworks, object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Must have a UX/UI portfolio or examples of your designs, product interface and application architecture.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, stories and models.
- Modify existing user experience to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, code or systems or to improve performance.
- Consult with internal and external customers about project design, process and needs. Determine performance standards and work with project managers to select milestones for phasing.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Store, retrieve, document and manipulate code and data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements, storage and release.
- Develop and communicate information for quality assurance testing and validation procedures. Work collaboratively with Engineering and Marketing teams for project understanding for testing.
- Coordinate with other developers on related projects to ensure complementary function and development. Maintain positive teamwork and communication in fast paced, changing environment.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Higher education in Web Development or related field or equivalent experience required.