The UX Writer & Researcher role will use technical knowledge to develop internal and external documentation, as well as conduct end user research. Responsibilities will include working with the Product Design team on projects such as conducting customer interviews, writing surveys, personas, data collection, collaboration across teams, API writing, and help documentation. This role works proactively to capture and document knowledge; create guides, documentation. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, strong time management, technical knowledge and organizational skills and refined attention to detail. The writer & researcher must also be a problem solver, comfortable working independently and have strong time and project management skills. The ideal candidate should have a passion for UX and ability to advocate for the user.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree in technical writing or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years technical writing in a software development environment.
- 2+ years with UX Research & Writing.
- Some familiarity with accounting or payment industry and experience in creating the role of technical writing function preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with current publishing options.
- Experience documenting Web APIs required
- Participate in Product Design team’s UX and UCX projects in researching the customer’s journey including collecting and tracking information via competitive research, writing surveys, interviews, and personas.
- Collaborating with Software Developers and Product Managers to document API’s.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers; as well as, developers, project managers, and team leads to translate user stories into user documents, technical documentation, integration product information, and other types of documentation as needed.
- Publish documentation and articles for internal and external customers. Maintain database and archive of documents.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
- MUST HAVE WRITING SAMPLES