FULL-TIME Project Scheduler (PS) JOB OPPORTUNITY -On-SITE in Las Vegas, NV.
Requirements and role for the position of Project Scheduler (PS).
The PS will be responsible for planning, developing, and maintaining construction schedules for a large-size project. Their job involves coordinating with project managers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure the construction project is completed on time and within budget.
Here are the key elements of the job for the Project Scheduler:
Client Interaction: Engage with the client as necessary. The PS will discuss the project schedules, its milestones, and possible areas of concern during the Owner meetings.
Ideal Candidate’s Characteristics and Expectations
- At least 5+ years of construction experience.
- Construction schedule using Oracle Primavera Cloud
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and project sequencing.
- Experienced in plan and specification reading, review, and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the initiative to seek innovative solutions.
- Active listening skills and effective communication, including an openness to diverse input and feedback.
- Team player who can work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Strong organizational, time management, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Schedule Development: Work with the project Superintendent(s) to develop a detailed construction schedule using Oracle Primavera Cloud (previously known as Primavera P6.) This includes defining project activities, durations, and dependencies adhering to AACE recommended practices.
Project Knowledge: The PS is to become knowledgeable of the project plans and specifications to ensure contract compliance.
Resource Allocation: Typically, does not resource load the project schedules. However, the Scheduler should understand the manpower, equipment, and materials forecasted for the project to optimize efficiency and meet project deadlines.
Collaboration: Work closely with project managers, project engineers, and subcontractors to gather relevant information and input for scheduling purposes. The PS is to develop an environment of open communication among all parties.
Analysis and Reporting: Perform regular project schedule analysis and identify potential issues or delays. Generate reports to update the project management team on the progress and report any adjustments made or needed to the schedule.
Risk Management: Anticipate potential risks and delays in the construction process. This may include overlooked submittal packages, manufacturing delays, and unforeseen events, to name a few. The PS will offer the management team a contingency plan and strategies to mitigate the risks and keep the project on time.
Quality Control: Ensure project schedules adhere to quality standards and regulatory requirements. Verify that the construction activities align with project specifications and recommended practices.
Documentation: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the project schedule, changes, and updates. Document any deviations from the original plan and the reasons for such changes. Make the project management team aware of those changes.