Under the supervision of Senior Safety Manager – the Safety Manager is responsible for overall safety functions including monitoring and promoting a safe and secure work environment, conducting safety meetings, training and inspections and ensuring the company complies with state and federal regulations on health and safety in the workplace.
Policies and Procedures:
- Create safety training PowerPoints, review and approve Job Hazard Analysis following the process in place, Develop / Create safety talks, ensure all PPE is up to date according to OSHA and NFPA 70e standards, ensure each project has updated Site Safety Plan, Initiate incident reviews to ensure the root cause has been addressed and corrective actions are in place
- Visit jobsites and perform safety audits with the project teams
- Audit Pre-Task Plans while on site
- Work one on one with the safety members to ensure they are keeping proper records and the SharePoint is up to date.
- Represent / Assist the Senior Safety Manager in all OSHA compliance inspections.
- Conduct incident investigations for any work-related accidents or illness and perform incident reviews with the team.
- Work cross-functionally with the Senior Safety Manager.
Legal Requirements and Liaisons:
- Verify compliance with Federal, State and Local facility and safety requirements.
- Implement and maintain safety activities and records for compliance.
- Ensure escalation of safety issues or concerns on site are communicated to the Senior Safety Manager within 30 minutes
- Direct the safety team members on projects and identify needs for additional temporary staffing in conjunction with site EHS requirements.
- Work with Documentation to ensure safety scope is updated in the equipment manuals and to create Safety Technical Bulletins
Training and Meeting:
- Facilitate monthly safety meetings
- Conduct mandated training for employees at hire as required.
- Facilitate training presentations of safety policies and procedures as requested by management.
- Conduct OHSA 10 and 30 Classes as needed
- Ability to interface effectively with customers and Project Team
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of time
- Be flexible to visit and/or be assigned to work sites on a short- or long-term basis
- Possess strong oral and written communicate
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Required to follow and understand work rules and procedures
- Must follow safety guidelines established for work areas
- Required to be present at work on time
- Must be able to establish good working relationship with the team
- Ability to recognize onsite risk factors, take appropriate action, be fair, firm and consistent.
- Must be able to deliver coaching in a positive manner
- Must be able to think outside of the box, be a part of the solution and keep the project moving in a safe manner
- Must be able to address issues to Project Management and Senior Safety Manager for immediate attention
- Hold Safety Coordinators responsible and accountable for their positions
- Must be able to give direction to Safety Coordinators, follow up to ensure the expectations are being met and provide regular feedback to the Senior Safety Manager
CERTIFICATIONS: OSHA 500
- Control of Hazardous Energy – Lockout/Tagout
- NFPA 70e
- ANSI/RIA R15.06 standards helpful
- Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Falls to the same level / from heights
- JHA / PTP / SOP / BKM
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Windows OS
- Must be able to type proficiently
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of experiences in manufacturing environment as safety specialist
- Experiences in creating PowerPoint presentations and conducting training – Sometimes with a translator
- Working with diversity
- Experiences with Federal and State OHSA regulations and requirements