You’ll lead a small, focused team in bringing a platform to life in the cloud. This is a hands-on management role in a fast-paced environment with the ability to grow and shape the team through discovery, execution, and operational readiness. You’ll be successful because you seek ways to bring out the best in your team while working alongside them to develop software that delights our customers.
- Facilitate and lead a cross-functional agile team. Responsible for the productivity, quality, and success of the team.
- Work closely with Product Management to gather requirements.
- Organize the team to provide consistent and steady output.
- Remove blockers and impediments that impact the team.
- Motivate, guide, and mentor the team to grow in knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical input as needed, but primarily create an environment where the team can self-organize.
- Facilitate and enforce all agile ceremonies and meetings. Ensure processes are followed. Adapt as necessary.
- Provide constructive feedback to team members via regular 1:1 meetings
- Listen to feedback from the team and use it to improve the environment and productivity of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience as a software developer
- Expert knowledge of application development with technologies like Java, Spring, ActiveMQ
- Strong experience with large scale/high availability Java applications
- Strong understanding and experience in cloud technologies, especially in AWS.
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of a sophisticated data pipeline supporting development and operations
- Experience with search and analyzing semi-structured data
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
- Experience with modern agile principles and patterns
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Ability to participate in the requirements process, providing feedback and engagement to ensure sounds processes are developed
- Ability to review, analyze, and modify existing systems
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Willing to work closely with geographically-distributed team members across time zones
- Demonstrate conduct reflecting high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Lucene based technologies like Solr and Elasticsearch.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of/familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL.