The Engineering Manager for Revenue Acceleration is responsible for management and work of a development team (developers, architect, quality assurance and site reliability engineer). The primary focus of this group is internal tools to improve the efficiency of our operations groups maintaining the day-to-day business. Main responsibilities include team management, workflow design and management and collaborating with product managers, clients requesting customizations and other teams on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, customer’s needs, process, and technology; it drives the operation and development of our products through team work on infrastructure, product enhancements, customer integrations or new product development. The Engineering Manager must have a solid understanding of the Microsoft technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration, and development skills.
Manage and develop an engineering team, including:
- Hiring, leading, and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities, and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking agile process, planning, milestones, and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Providing leadership, technical expertise, and career development for team members.
- Consult with internal and external customers about project design, process and needs. Determine performance standards and work with project managers to select milestones for phasing.
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
- Advanced skills modern cloud development practice
- Excellent knowledge of architectural and design patterns.
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.); ability to lead team in these methodologies.
- Accounts Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment Industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated team leadership with forward-thinking process and solutions.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.
- Decisions are made within scope of expected knowledge, are complex in nature and are used to develop systems for others. Decisions and results affect all departments, business decisions, payments and customers or vendors.
- Job has supervisory responsibility. Requires leadership, teamwork, deep technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of data.
- Contacts are made inside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Implementation, Executive, Sales and other teams, leads and managers.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Leadership, technical development, strategic movement and problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.