CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER
Las Vegas residents or candidates willing to relocate only.
The primary responsibilities of the Network Engineer are the design, configuration and maintenance of the company’s network infrastructure, including switches, routers, firewalls and other associated equipment. Configure and support audio visual equipment including video conferencing systems, digital signage, and audio systems. Assessment of new solution technologies, training of end users and responsive L1-L4 support for incident resolution are key elements to this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Run, maintain, and support the network and security appliance platforms and infrastructure.
- Support the operation of solutions to manage a complex, high-performance multimedia network utilizing real-time video and audio broadcasting
- Maintain configurations for Aruba switches, routers and APs, Checkpoint firewalls, and Cisco products.
- Configure AV protocols such as Dante and NDI
- Support physical cable plants
- Identify risks and issues and escalate to management accordingly
- Identify, test and deploy network patches and improvements to maintain optimal performance
- Work in a team environment with direct supervision
- Availability to work on-call, nights and weekends as necessary
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Attend work as scheduled on a consistent and regular basis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proof of authorization to work in the United States
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant network engineering experience supporting specialized AV deployments in a multicast environment
- Strong understanding of layer 2/3 network protocols and technologies and expertise deploying and maintaining a multi-cast network
- Candidates should demonstrate technical acumen across several of these disciplines:
- Networking platforms including core and edge switches and Wi-Fi implementations
- ACL, mDNS, VRF, VLAN, LAG and SD-WAN management
- Centralized management platforms such as Aruba Central or Prime
- Understanding of firewall configurations and deployments in both an on-prem and cloud-based environment
- Mastery of network topologies, protocols, and standards of a CCNP or equivalent level
- Network configuration and administration with Azure, Silver Peak, Aruba, and Checkpoint
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Monitoring and diagnosing performance issues
- Designing, writing, and updating both system documentation and network diagrams
- Perform software/firmware updates to all network devices
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any certification or license, as required by law or policy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written form.
Must be able to:
- Physically access assigned workspace areas with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work remotely as necessary
- Work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to, CRT, noise, and dust.
- Strength and agility to exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.