Position requires approximately 50% travel including overseas travel.
Join us in a quickly growing industry while collaborating within a global network of world class professionals. Our culture and entrepreneurial way of working set us apart from every other global company. Sales Engineer works with our existing customers while also developing new relationships for insulating strip products sold to manufacturers of aluminum window and curtain wall systems. Responsibilities to include sales processes and to oversee technical support of customer product evaluation and related production issues.
- Plans and implement sales strategies that increase product awareness, generate product demand, and grow their territory.
- Develops tactical action plans by account to reach budgeted sales objectives. Increase market share by proactively selling and reaching out to new markets and focused target markets as measured against mutually agreed upon sales goals.
- Manage customer expectations by providing/overseeing product design and technical support. Identifies customer service requirements. Ensures attentive service and efficient problem-solving. Builds customer confidence in product and company.
- Interacts with customer’s sales teams to provide support, assess needs, develop specifications, and promote us of specification of products.
- Contributes and or manages innovation projects to improve our products and services.
- Develops and nurtures productive relationships with architects, engineering consultants and commercial construction companies. Provides technical and application engineering support and information regarding products.
- Coordinate with internal teams for pricing, scheduling, performance, and technical requirements and externally with partners, clients, vendors, etc.
- Assists in the development of promotional and tradeshow exhibitions. Attend local and regional industry conventions.
- 3 years or more experience in increasingly responsible Technical Sales Position, preferably in the fenestration (Door, windows, energy solar, mechanical or other product) industry.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient understanding of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of principles and techniques of business development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build an industry presence.
- Possesses entrepreneurial skills to handle daily customer and company needs and works well in a team environment.
- Experience planning a forecast and associated travel/contacts budget
- Develops and works within budgetary constraints and manages both personal and customer daily activities.
- Working AutoCAD™ knowledge and understanding of design detail drawings
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, building construction, marketing or equivalent.