Senior Business Analyst/Technical Writer.
We're currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst / Tech Writer with a primary emphasis on crafting software development lifecycle (SDLC) documents for various divisions, applications, platforms, and supporting services, with a specialized focus on the ServiceNow Platform. Your expertise will be invaluable in this role.
Proven experience as a Technical Writer in the IT industry, preferably with a focus on software documentation.
• 5 + years of experience as a Technical Writer/Business Analyst in an application development environment.
• Expert knowledge of the SDLC and software development technologies such as .NET, SQL, and ServiceNow.
• Experience in an Agile application development environment
Duties, Scope of Work, and/or Milestones
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst/Technical Writer to join our Digital Services
Division responsible for enterprise applications, platforms, and services.
The focus for this position will be on developing Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
documentation for the divisions applications, platforms, and supporting systems and services
with a strong focus on the ServiceNow Platform. Candidates for this position should be self driven individuals who have experience developing the full range of SDLC documentation for both new and existing applications. In this role you will spend a majority of your time developing documents for both new solutions and retroactively for solutions that have already been
developed and still need the supporting Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Documents (Project Charters, Requirements Traceability Matrices, System Design Documents, etc.) so you must have excellent written communication skills and high attention to detail.
• Meet with Project resources, including vendors and supervisors within two weeks of assignments.
• First draft of SDLC documentation is due within two – four weeks of assignment – includes review with stakeholders.
• Deliver assigned SDLC documentation on schedule. If project documentation is in jeopardy of not meeting deadline, inform stakeholders within 24 hours of determination.
• Develop comprehensive SDLC documentation that includes functional specifications,
design documents, user manuals, test scripts, and other technical artifacts.
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with system owners, software developers,
vendor partners, and other stakeholders to understand product details and translate them to technical specifications.
• Conduct meetings with system owners, developers, vendor partners, and other stakeholders to gather necessary information for technical documentation.
• Review and revise documents to ensure clarity, consistency, and quality.
• Prioritize and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting tight deadlines.
• Other duties as assigned by client.
• Lead meetings for each project daily/weekly.
• Timelines and deliverables will be met as indicated in project plan.
• Roadblocks will be reported to designated stakeholders within 48hrs of identification.
• Create and update a weekly status spreadsheet no later than 3 PM on Thursday or designated date/time of the week should it change.
• Develop requirements document, project plans, and schedules.
• Work closely with supervisors for the allocation of resources.
• Coordinate with internal County departments on communication to County staff.
• Collaborate and align efforts with departments..
• Foster change acceptance and adoption among frontline employees with modern
• Develop change communications and training documents tailored to specific audiences,
both internal and external.
• Monitor and communicate project progress and status to stakeholders on a weekly basis.
• Adhere to established change management processes.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned projects by offering suggestions or direction as a member of the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
• Ability to translate and present complex technical information into clear, concise documentation for a variety of audiences.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proven ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and precision in fast-paced
environments, demonstrating exceptional attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively identify opportunities, take initiative, and implement solutions to drive organizational success.
• Strong analytical skills with a proven track record of effectively solving complex problems and implementing innovative solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal English communication with exceptional grammar and punctuation skills.
• Proven experience as a Technical Writer in the IT industry, preferably with a focus on software documentation with a government entity.