Project Manager for Information Technology & Technical Services (HYBRID) in Las Vegas, NV
Job Description &
Duties, Scope of Work, and/or Milestones
This position will function as a Project Manager for several IT Projects relating to Cybersecurity as well as oversee various projects for Infrastructure, Network, and Desktop teams. This position will be responsible for ensuring that assigned projects are completed on time and within budget. To be successful in this role, the Project Manager should have a combination of technical and soft skills.
• A minimum of eight (8) years in the Information Technology field. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, plus a minimum of three (3) years of experience (Project Management) managing IT technical projects.
• At a minimum have fundamental knowledge of: Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, Networks and Radio/Microwave components, Active Directory, Windows, and Cloud Technologies.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience with leading Cybersecurity, Infrastructure, and network projects in local government.
• Ability to organize and lead highly technical focus groups composed of primarily Security, Infrastructure, Network Systems, and Desktop Administrators.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, should demonstrate fluency in both oral and writing communications.
• Meet with Project resources, including vendors and supervisors within two weeks of assigned Project(s).
• First draft of Project Plan(s) due within four weeks – includes review with Project team, Supervisors and Managers.
• Final draft of Project Plan(s) due within five weeks.
• Provide Project status update within two weeks of assignment and every week thereafter.
• Deliver assigned Projects on schedule. If project is in jeopardy of not meeting deadline, inform stakeholders within 24 hours of determination.
• Conduct Project close out processes within one week of Project completion.
• Other Project deliverables will be discussed as needed.
• Lead meetings for each project daily/weekly.
• Meeting notes using our template will be sent out within 24 hours of each meeting.
• Timelines and deliverables will be met as indicated in project plan.
• Roadblocks will be reported to designated supervisor for each project within 24hrs of identification.
• Attend Change Management Board to represent project changes each Tuesday of every week.
• Update weekly project spreadsheet no later than 3 PM on Thursday’s or designated date/time of the week should it change.
• Attend the “Weekly meeting w/PM’s and Supervisors” Microsoft Teams call at 3 PM. If unable to join, send a courtesy message to the appropriate supervisor of assigned project as soon as possible.
• Develop requirements document, project plans, and schedules.
• Work closely with supervisors for the allocation of resources.
• Coordinate with internal departments on communication to department staff.
• Collaborate and align efforts with departments
• Foster change acceptance and adoption among frontline employees with modern technologies.
• Develop change communications and training documents tailored to specific audiences, both internal and external.
• Monitor and communicate project progress and status to stakeholders on a weekly basis.
• Adhere to established change management processes.
• Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned projects by offering suggestions or direction as a member of the team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrates professional organization, documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with external stakeholders as well as internal staff.
• Analytical problem-solving abilities, proactive/positive team player, resourceful, innovative.
• Hands-on experience developing both technical and user-friendly communications.
• Documenting technical requirements, creating project plans, and monitoring progress using Service-Now.
• Proven multi-tasking skills, including ability to work effectively under pressure, handle heavy volumes and meet demanding deadlines