Under the supervision of Project Manager / Senior Manager – Operations, Fab Foreman is responsible for providing job site supervision of installation resources to complete installation and upgrade of equipment in a timely manner. Fab Foreman is also responsible for meeting install schedule by coordinating and planning the daily installation work. This position requires to perform all Fab Foreman functions in the safest, highest quality and most cost-efficient manner possible. Fab Foreman must follow designated installation procedures and safety guidelines established for work areas. This position is required to work overtime and travel as often as needed.
Coordinates day to day operations for site specific FAB or FAB’s during a nightshift schedule. Coordinates and tracks all job assignments, work documentation, and training for all nightshift personnel in tandem with the dayshift Site Coordinator. Proactively Coordinates the team for improvements, work escalations and assist with all work tasked for night shift. Interface with Service Manager, dayshift Site Coordinator, EICs and TAs to manage and report all escalations and work disruptions. Drives and coordinates resolution for tool down issues. Provides monthly reports to Service Manager. Is a leader on site and is a mentor for all FSE team members for the location.
· 5-7 years industry experience in service industry with at least 1-3 years management/lead experience in a high-tech environment.
· Position requires the wearing of a uniform in a cleanroom environment at customer site
· Use of mechanical and electrical tools
· Mechanical and electrical systems
· Hex to decimal, binary to decimal conversion
· Control Systems (PLC, PC controlled)
· Drawing, reading, and understanding schematics
- Must be proficient expert on site specific equipment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with ability to speak with clarity and interface effectively with customers and peers.
- Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills, judgment, and problem-solving skills to resolve diverse projects with ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
- Displays broad-based customer focus and commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
- Must be available to travel as needed and be available for specific emergency call-in work.
- Software, Unix, and Microsoft Programs.
- Supervise and oversee all installation resources and assure quality control
- Support Project Manager in the project planning activities including installation schedule, manpower plans and budget control
- Provide installation progress reports to Project Manager pertaining to quality checklists, redline drawings, schedule tracking and resources issues and ensure the job is completed on time
- Create redline drawings generated from the installation process and ensure any changes are submitted to Project Manager
- Follow all safety and protocol guidelines and report unsafe conditions
- Prepare for REPORTS and paperwork including Pre-Task Plans prior to work
- Read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Communicate work expectations with Project Manager and co-workers on a daily basis and interact with customer regularly
- Able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, and be able to travel up to 100% of the time (domestic and international)
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be available to travel as needed and be available for specific emergency call-in work
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work under pressure of customer and Project Manager(s) and complete tasks under tight time frame
- Required to follow and understand work rules, procedures and safety guidelines
- Must conform at all times to customer’s safety and cleanliness policies to maintain a safe and clean work environment